What a leading question.
By ‘simpler’, I’m referring to many things, but one where:
- there’s a more sustainable use of planetary resources
- it’s less cluttered with consumerist crud (physical and mental)
- people are valued by their kindness, not their bank balance
- positivity far outweighs negativity
- communication is paramount
- you actively move to share knowledge of your skills and learn from others
- the common good and the bond of community, matter
- food is embraced for being seasonal, organic and as local as can be achieved
If that all sounds a bit airy-fairy and unachievable, you may be right… for the moment anyway.
Whilst we await the arrival of the first round of ‘social chaos’ (for which read, drastically reduced petrol/oil supplies with all of its devastating knock on effects: essential food supply, keeping warm, commuting to work/school etc) we can certainly ponder how beneficial a quick shift to a simpler life would be.Continue Reading